About Me

My photo
"Monster" is a nickname my friend calls me. My real name's Christine, please address me with that name. Enjoy my blogs. (:

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Poem: A Simple Request

Background story: A couple of years ago, my auntie's family was clearing some of their things out of their home. Her son, kuya Jundell, gave me a notepad that he didn't need anymore. I accepted it because ...well, I'm not sure why, but I just did. In that notepad, I found this particular poem. I asked him if he wrote it, and he said he did. (However, I'm still debating whether or not it's true. But then again, people have unexpected talents, especially when it comes to writing.) His reason for writing it, I don't know but that's out of my limits of knowing. It didn't have a title, but now I'm giving it one. A Simple Request. In my personal opinion, I thought it was one of the sweetest poems I've ever read. I loved it, and till this day, I still do. As you slowly read this poem and receive the power of understanding, I hope that it will touch your heart the way it touched mine.



A simple request, from your heart to mine
To be together forever, it's a matter of time
I know deep inside, our dream will come true
To be together as one, just me and you..

Each day that passes, I thank my lucky stars
That you're safe and sound wherever you are
I can only imagine your smiling face
Then the vision vanishes, without a trace..

I miss you more, than to just hear your voice
But that's all we've got, we have no choice
If I could have just one dream come true
I'd dream a dream that I could make it with you..

As I search my heart and soul
I find a place no one else knows
So far away, locked deep inside
You'll never see it, if you close your eyes..

So as I stumble and fall at times
Please understand these tears in my eyes
Each lonely drop; a regret, a fear
A faint heartbeat no one else can hear..

Only the faithful, the willing and true
Can understand my love for you
So as we go on, with your life and mine
I know we'll meet again, somewhere in time..


(Please, for the author's sake, DON'T take this poem and claim it to be yours!)

No comments: